"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -YSL

Kate Bosworth II


2.
Topshop button down and harem pants
Steve Madden "Trouser" oxfords

I like the high, messy bun for this look because it completes the simple goal of the outfit. It's pretty easy to achieve also. For this hairstyle, flip hair over and back and hold with your index finger as you coil it around (it ends up looking like a tight, ballerina bun). Fasten with a thin hair-tie and then take one strand of your hair and wrap it around the base of the bun so that it masks the elastic. Lastly, tease slightly at the top and if you have bangs let a few pieces fall out for that "effortless" appearance, you know the "I just rolled out of bed but my hair is chillin" look. I'd put in a pair of chunky stud earrings and maybe a watch for this outfit but probably not a necklace unless it's on a really thin chain. Maybe a small locket or the "I Love You" spinning Marc Jacobs choker. Kate does a great job of making a masculine look work for the comfortable girl about town. To make it more feminine I might wear the glittered Trouser oxfords or even a pair of sparkly Toms or flats. Enjoy!

No comments: