"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -YSL

Good Eating

Here are various great eats I had in Hawaii, basically consisting of anything from shaved ice to shrimp and rice. Mmm!

Coffee Line is a UH coffee shop but completely hidden and obscurely located parallel to campus. The inside replicates a comfortable living room and the food is produced by one person in a kitchen facing the seating area. We ordered a lot of food and the wait wasn't too bad.

 

 Macky's is a tourist and local North Shore go-to shrimp and rice truck that has always been highly suggested. My sister and I got garlic butter shrimp and it was amazing to say the least. A great way to get our spirits up on a rainy day.

Matsumoto's Grocery Store is another must-hit-up spot, famous for their perfect, thinly shaved ice heavily topped over a dollop of vanilla ice cream with crazy flavors. My favorite was pineapple but I also added strawberry and lilikoi (passion fruit). Perfect afternoon treat.

 For dinner one night we went for a walk down Kalakaua Ave. in Waikiki and passed all of the fun tourist locations but went to a great restaurant called Yard House (coming soon to LA) and got the onion ring tower for an app. and java sundae for desert. Awful combination when put together but totally worth the health sacrifice.

Two days before we left my sister took us to hotel in Waikiki, I think it might have been Ala Moana Hotel, for her favorite french toast on Oahu: sweet Hawaiian bread fried with coconut shavings and topped with macadamia nuts then doused with syrup. Seriously a plate of heaven.

On our last night we took a trip to China Town and ate at Little Village as it was requested many times on my sister's Facebook status. We were so hungry that I forgot about wanting to take pictures until after it was all finished but I recommend the hot & sour soup and pork fried rice. Such yummy food!
And now, I'm hungry. 




No comments: