"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -YSL

Purple is the New Black

I buy a lot of clothes that I know I would love more if they were in the color black. So after a few months of wearing colors I claim that I will dye them black but never actually do. This week I decided it was time to follow through so I bought Rit liquid dye and gave it a shot. Turns out, "black" really means "purple." 

This is one of my favorite Planet Blue tees from their line Blue Life. It's an oversized, super thin and sheer tee with a slit in the back for tying purposes. I got bored of the moss/white tie dye look and thought black would be perfect. Instead, it turned out light and dark purple watercolor but I am actually loving it more than if it had turned out black. I wore it out with a pair of jeggings and gladiator sandals and already got compliments on the color. 


No comments: