"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -YSL

Boston Experience: LA in Boston

   I haven't yet written about the things I do in Boston or at BU but I have an interesting night to share. Last Thursday my friend Sarah and I went to the Lakers/Celtics game at the TD Garden in the North End of Boston. It was quite an exciting experience, to say the least. Speaking as the "outsider," I can say that I definitely have a new view and respect for city pride- both Los Angeles and Boston. While Celtics fans outnumbered Lakers fans at least several hundreds-to-one, it was great to see turnout for LA scattered throughout the arena. My friends warned me to be careful and zip up my jacket to cover any purple and gold gear, but I took their advice a little too lightly and sported my Kobe Bryant tee alongside purple and glitter gold nails.
   I left the Garden with first-hand accounts of the horrifying rivalry (booing, beer throwing, name calling, threats, etc.), but it was an amazing night full of fun moments. Not many can say that they sported a Kobe shirt among thousands of Celtics supporters at the Garden and it is not necessarily something that everyone should want to experience either. But, regardless of the team, it was amazing to see Ray Allen break the NBA 3-point shot record. This was definitely a night in Boston that I won't forget and I'm proud to say the Lakers, Sarah, and I made it out pretty much unscathed. 













No comments: