"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -YSL

New Beginnings

The college experience is one of complexity and discovery. We, college students, are constantly told that these will be the "best years of our life," a time when we will grow into the people we are actually going to be, figure out what we want to do with ourselves for the next 50 or so odd years, and finally touch our adolescent goal: growing up and being on our own. We say goodbye to our friends, family, and dogs and pack too many bags full of items from home and excitedly begin our much anticipated "journey." As I prepared to leave California I took one last drive in my car to every familiar spot I loved in sunny Santa Monica, left my summer clothes aka 90% of my wardrobe behind, kissed the boy I love "see you soon," and got on a plane to Boston. Why, you ask, would someone leave the city and state that has forever been a symbol of happiness and fortune since even before the Hollywood sign existed? 



I'm about to find out. 

No comments: